Friday, September 18, 2009

Better Luck Next Month

After days of wondering what was going on, I started my period on Thursday.

Since this month was our first chance of getting pregnant since the miscarriage and my last two cycles have been off, we didn't even attempt to figure out my ovulation days this past month. I guess you can say it was a Russian roulette of sorts.

I was thinking of buying a Clearblue Easy Fertility Monitorand test sticks yesterday. Not a cheap choice by any means, but it seems to provide a lot of information that could come in handy with my weird cycles of late. I thought about it for a while, and then decided to give it one more month without dropping $200-$250 instead.

I looked at the calendar, found a wide range of possible fertile days (based on a 21 day cycle, a 24 day cycle, and a 28 day cycle), and informed my husband that we'd be having tons of sex between September 22 and October 1st. He was totally on board. :)

If it doesn't happen this time, I'm buying the monitor.

2 comments:

  1. If you want to wait before dropping the big bucks, I found that the pee-on-a-stick ovulation predictors are helpful for crazy post-miscarriage cycles -- you can get two 5 packs of the Rite Aid brand at drugstore.com for like $20... that'll cover you for 10 days in that mystery window.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip, Jessica! If I don't get pregnant this cycle, maybe I'll try those before going all out and getting the fancy fertility monitor.

    ReplyDelete